Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) which was founded in 2001 to liberate Telangana from the hands of Seema-Andhra dominated politics is going to celebrate its tenth anniversary at Mahabubnagar today.
TRS party had decided to shift the venue to Mahabubnagar as it has been denied permission to hold a rally at Parade Grounds on April 27 to mark completion of ten years. Party president K. Chandrasekhar Rao told a press conference on Monday that Defence Minister A.K. Antony had called him up to inform that Parade grounds, which is part of the Defence Ministry’s land, could not be let out for celebrations . The Ministry had taken a policy decision a few months ago not to rent out the ground for mass gatherings any more.
20,000 representatives from 10 Telengana districts are expected to witness the celebrations at Mahabubnagar Stadium Grounds today. In the proposed meeting, TRS party general members and special invitees are going to discuss issues such as the betrayal of the local and national political parties to the cause of Telangana and the lack of the region’s development under Seemandhra leadership. Most importantly, there will be discussions on the present political situation in the state, and the role that the party is going to play in the near future. Eagerness prevailed everywhere about the action plan of the TRS party as the Central Govt has announced that it will take decision on Telangana after the ongoing elections of five states.
The meeting is going to start with Telangana flag hoisting. Here is the agenda of the meeting.
• Telangana flag hoisting and prayer.
• Garlanding Telangana Talli.
• Observing silence in the memory of Telangana Martyrs
• Welcome speech by Mr. Vithal Rao Arya, TRS Mbnr dist presedient.
• Party election results announcement by electoral incharge Mr Nayini Narsimha Reddy.
• Vote of thanks by KCR and his first speech after being elected as the NEW president.
• Pledge by the delegates and a song by poet and singer Deshapati Srinivas in the memory of Telengana martyrs