Following the representations by the ruling party leaders and public demand, the chief minister Mr K Chandrasekhar Rao has agreed to announce Inugurthi village in Mahabubabad district as a new mandal.
It is one of the biggest villages in the erstwhile Warangal district and there has been a demand to create a mandal with Inugurthi village as headquarters for nearly three decades.
It has a long history and according to local lore, Kakatiya Kings ruled the kingdom while staying at Inugurthi village. One could see several tanks, temples, and broken monuments all over the village even today.
The village is surrounded by Chuttu Gunti, Bangarukatwa, Arevani, and Bedi tanks and Ramalingeswara Swamy, Sivalayam, Bhahmamgari gudi, and Anajaneya Swamy temples.
In 1922, Vaddiraju brothers – Raghava Ranga Rao and Sitaramchander Rao – first started a Telugu newspaper from this village and it has created many national and international volleyball players.
Ministers Errabelli Dayakar Rao and Satyavathi Rathod and others thanked the chief minister for his kind gesture.
By Gollapudi Srinivasa Rao