Picture: A mammoth gathering of women at the Telangana Mahila Garjana, held at Mahabub Nagar yesterday
With the union government not acting on the Telangana issue even after 16 days of Sakala Janula Samme (general strike), the Telangana Political Joint Action Committee has decided to further intensify the strike.
JAC convenor Prof. Kodandaram addressed the media, after a steering committee meeting at Banjara Hills and announced the schedule of the the agitation.
He severely criticized the inaction from the central government. Kodandaram also warned the Seemandhra Bus operators who were plying buses. He said those buses would become target of public ire if they continue plying on Telangana roads.
Here is the fresh round of agitation schedule:
– 27th Sept – Rallies by State Road Transport corporation employees
– 28th Sept – Rasa-Rokos in Hyderabad and 100 places in the state.
– 29th Sept – Dharnas in front of Congress leaders in protest against the agriculture power cuts
– 30th Sept – Hyderabad city bandh
– 2nd Oct – No fee payment at Toll Gates
– 9th – 11th Oct – 72 Hour Rail Roko, which could be converted into indefinite Rail Roko.