The Congress government in Telangana is one month old. Right from day one of their tenure, the Congress party started deceiving the people of Telangana. From Rythu Bharosa to unemployment allowance to pensions, the Revanth Reddy-led government has already started going back on the promises they made during the election campaign.
Also, in the last 30 days, the brand Hyderabad took a hit with regressive and hasty decisions. The ministers and party leaders are exhibiting excessive arrogance and resorting to abuse of power. In addition, the Congress cadre is carrying out physical attacks on the BRS cadre.
Here is a list of 30 failures of the Congress government
Welfare schemes stopped
- The Congress party which stopped the disbursal of Rythu Bandhu before the elections, is now prolonging the process of disbursal of the amount.
- Gruha Lakshmi applications have been cancelled.
- KCR kit scheme discontinued.
- The remaining funds were stopped for grounded units under Dalit Bandhu and new applications were cancelled.
A big blow for Brand Hyderabad
- The Pharma City project, which will provide employment opportunities to five lakh youth, has been scrapped.
- The airport metro project, which will benefit lakhs of people in Shamshabad, Rajendra Nagar, Budvel, Financial District, Rayadurgam etc, is stalled.
- Formula-E race moved out of Hyderabad citing lack of cooperation from the new government.
- The Corning company, which announced six months ago that it would invest in Telangana, moved to Tamil Nadu due to a lack of trust in the new government.
Publicity full, delivery nil
- The much-hyped ‘Praja Darbar’ lasted for only a few days and the CM attended it for only one day. Now, the officials are taking applications from the public instead.
- Revanth Reddy is not walking the talk. Contrary to the publicity, the traffic is being stopped for the CM’s convoy.
A regressive regime
- A crop holiday has been announced for ayacut under the Jurala, Kalwakurthy and Nagarjuna Sagar projects and cuts are being imposed in the irrigation water supply under the SRSP ayacut.
- Ever since the formation of the new government, power cuts have become the order of the day for all types of consumers.
- The public is bearing the brunt of ‘Praja Palana’ applications. Without proper guidelines and mechanisms, the people are left to their fate in long queue lines.
- The Congress party leaders are pressuring the officials to favour their cadre in ‘Praja Palana’ applications and identification of beneficiaries.
- Without sufficient services, the women are facing several hardships in free RTC bus travel and the plight of the men is unimaginable.
- Auto drivers are protesting across the state as they lost their livelihood with free bus travel for women.
- Sathish Goud, an auto driver from Hyderabad, committed suicide due to an ill-conceived free bus travel scheme.
- Non-bailable cases, with attempt to murder charges, have been filed against 60 farmers who were peacefully protesting against the Ethanol Factory.
- After meeting the union ministers, the Congress party declared that the national project status is not possible for the Palamuru – Rangareddy project, going back on its election promise.
- Palamuru Rangareddy lift irrigation project work stalled and workers were sent back to their home states.
- By bringing up the issue of district re-organisation, Revanth Reddy has stirred up a hornet’s nest. If the districts are re-organised, the government job aspirants will be at the receiving end as it takes time for the new districts to get notified by the central government.
- The chairman and members of the TSPSC were compelled to resign but the governor did not accept the resignations. Resultantly, the conduct of exams and the recruitment process will be delayed.
Misuse of power
- Without holding any official position, the CM’s brothers are participating in government meetings in the secretariat.
- Minister Tummala Nageshwar Rao held a meeting of the Congress party at the Secretariat.
- Violating the protocol, the opposition party MLAs were sidelined and the defeated Congress leaders were invited to government meetings.
Attacks and abuses
- MLA Mynampally Rohit allegedely threatened to kill a senior journalist named Siddireddy Srinivas Reddy in the secretariat.
- Across the state, the leaders of the ruling Congress party are resorting to physical attacks on the MLAs, leaders and workers of the opposition BRS party.
- A tribal farmer died in the lockup of Chintapalli police station in Nalgonda district allegedly due to police torture.
Remote control from Delhi
- CM Revanth Reddy travelled six times to New Delhi in the last month. Every decision is being taken by the high command.
- Leaders like Komatireddy Rajagopal Reddy and Uttam Padmavathi are openly demanding and lobbying to be included in the cabinet. Reportedly, MLA Gaddam Vivek promised to gift one-acre of prime land in Jubilee Hills in exchange for a ministerial post.