Why Hyderabad people need to vote for TRS in GHMC Elections?
By: J R Janumpalli
Telangana state is not like other 28 states in the country. It is a newly formed state still suffering with several baby blues. Though,TRS has won a comfortable mandate to rule the state in the general elections 2014, still there are certain political hangovers that are nibbling at the full fledged political freedom of the new state. Now the ruling TRS winning in the ensuing GHMC elections is an important event to consolidate the formation of the new State. In that context,here are some of the reasons why people need to vote for TRS in GHMC elections.
- Telangana is a new state with several things pending for a full fledged state. The maiden TS govt. needs its sovereign control on its capital, for completion of the formation of the state.
- Hyderabad is designated as joint capital for 10 years with A.P. TS govt. needs its administration control on Hyderabad city to maneuver Andhra government presence in the city and to see it smoothly transit to its Andhra capital without causing any hiccups, given the antecedents of Telangana state struggle.
- Hyderabad is the capital of TS. Its govt. needs control on it for its development commensurate with its mega development plans on the anvil to make it a world class city.
- In TS except TRS there are no other political parties with exclusive Telangana interests. All the other parties have their high commands from out side the state. Their local units are subservient to their high commands and cannot fully vouchsafe for TS interests.
- A. P. political leadership and its colonialists want to have their proxy control on the city for their political advantage and vested interests. If they gain such control, they can trouble TS govt. and work for future political inroads in to the state, which can be detrimental to the political and economic interests of TS.
- Andhra political outfits also entertain the ideas of ‘UT’ and other such redundant notions to deprive TS people to enjoy full rights in their capital like any other native people in other state capitals. TS people need to nip such unscrupulous ideas in the bud itself, by not allowing them political foothold in the city.
- Andhra politicians canvass an erroneous impression that andhras are more in Hyderabad than the native telanganites because of the TRS not winning many seats in GHMC area in the general elections. It is now proved that it was because of lakhs of duplicate votes of andhras in the city. Already 4.3 lakh voters are removed and another 7.9 lakh voters are identified. There is need to correct this impression and establish the majority of native Telangana voters by winning GHMC elections to settle the issue once for all. And not to give scope to them to play any strife torn politics in Hyderabad.
- Winning Mayoral authority in Hyderabad for TRS is needed to make the cup of political sovereignty of Telangana people on their state full. It is essential to subjugate the political parties like T-Congress,T-TDP and T-BJP who harp on the cross border interests, rather than the interests of Telangana people.
- The people with origins from outside state who made Hyderabad their home city need to understand the need for TS government to have its political control on the city for stability, peace and progress.
- Even people of andhra origin who made Hyderabad as their home city, should identify their interests with Telangana State as its citizens. They should not become pawns in the hands of political parties who want to foment trouble in the name of division of state. They should now vote for TRS for peace and prosperity in their own interest.
- Hyderabad is the heritage of Telangana people. Its status and future can not be negotiated in any ways. To ensure that there should be a resounding win for TRS the only political party with unequivocal Telangana ethos.